Virginia State University's College of Agriculture is a premier school of academic excellence fostering knowledge and improving quality of life through:
- Teaching: Enhancing student learning in education, technology and research to empower graduates to meet global societal needs
- Research: Conducting cutting edge and internationally recognized research relevant to agricultural concerns and societal issues impacting families and communities
- Extension: Converting research results into practical solutions for use by individuals and communities based on issues and needs
In keeping with Virginia State University's mission, the College of Agriculure's mission is to improve the educational and socio-economic well-being of students, families, and communities - focusing on excellence through integrated instruction, research and extension programs.
- Enhance academic programs to better attract, retain, and prepare students for the job market
- Develop and strengthen nationally recognized programs that address priority issues
- Develop and strengthen organizational mechanisms that enhance multi-disciplinary collaboration and involve clientele/stakeholders in program development, support, implementation, and evaluation